NADS miniSim™ Driving Simulators
The NADS miniSim™ is a PC-based driving simulator. The software and hardware have been developed by NADS to facilitate a wide variety of research applications.
Every effort has been made to build and deliver a high-value, reliable, simulator system. An added benefit is that all the software tools are the same tools used by NADS staff on a daily basis for conducting driving and related research. This ensures a deep knowledge base, ongoing support, and continuous improvement by users who understand your research needs. Our software tools are available at no charge and deliver flexible, high performance simulation technology in any cab configuration.
NADS miniSim™ Software and PC
The software delivered with all miniSim simulators consists of the following tools:
- The Tile Mosaic Tool (TMT) for assembling a road network from a library of 95 road/landscape segments called ‘Tiles’. You use the TMT to connect them together, control LODs, and export a complete database to the ISAT and miniSim. NADS can also create new tiles or modify existing ones to meet your specific needs.
- The Interactive Scenario Authoring Tool (ISAT) for building scenarios on the assembled database. The ISAT is windows-based and does not require scripting.
- The miniSim runs the scenario on the assembled database and provides both real-time measures and a comprehensive data acquisition file for post-processing in Matlab.
- The nDaqTools are NADS-design interfaces for Matlab to define the measures to be calculated, and to organize and control the data reduction process.
The typical miniSim™ PC hardware specification is as follows:
- Tower case
- Windows 10 Pro
- ASUS ASRock X99X Killer Motherboard
- Intel Core i7 3.6GHz 6-Core Processor
- 2 SSD in RAID (500 Gb ea, 500 Gb usable)
- 32 GB DDR4 SDRAM
- NVidia GeForce GTX 1080 and GTX 1050Ti GPUs
Description: The Desktop miniSim™
- MiniSim PC (rack or tower case)
- Three 24” front channel displays, and 18” dashboard display.
- Fanatec Club Sport V2.5 base, Full-Size Leather-Wrapped Wheel, CSR Elite Pedals
- A 24” operator display with USB Extension for keyboard and mouse
- 2.1 Audio System
- Tactile Transducer (provides road/engine vibration)
The following options are available:
- Three front 48 inch monitors
- Single display (48 inch to 65 inch or more)
- Fanatec Load Cell Pedal Upgrade
- Standing Desk
- Button Boxes with Labeled buttons for Engine Start, Gear Select, Wipers, Hazard, Mirrors, Headlights, two Auxiliary Buttons
- ECCI Trackstar 6000 wheel (350mm wheel, 250-deg rotation only, passive spring-damper)
Costs: Desktop miniSim™
Desktop miniSim™ - $13,250
- miniSim Computer - Tower Case
- Enhanced Fanatec Wheel and Pedals
- 18" Instrument Panel Display
- 2.1 Audio (Front L/R and Subwoofer)
- Tactile Transducer and Amplifier
Choose Display Type (choose 1):
- (3) 48" LED LCD and Stand - $6,750
- 15' DVI cables
- Matrox Triple Head Adapter
- (3) 24" LED LCD and Stand - $3,200
- 10' DVI Cables
- Matrox Triple Head Adapter
- (1) 48" LED LCD and Stand - $2,750
- 15' DVI cables
Choose Installation and Training (choose 1):
- On-Site Installation, 2-days onsite - $13,700
- Setup of Simplified and Quarter-Cab Simulators
- miniSim and TMT Training on-site
- ISAT and nDAQTools remotely
- Training at NADS or Remotely - $3,900
- Desktop system ONLY
- Training remotely via web meeting for:
- miniSim, TMT, nDAQTools, and ISAT
Crating - Desktop MiniSim - $2,150
Shipping - Customer pays shipping (FOB Iowa City, freight collect)
- NADS Video Capture System (HD SDI Cameras) - $10,600
- PC, LCD Display, Keyboard, Mouse
- NADS VidCap Software Installed and tested
- Fanatec Load Cell Brake Upgrade - $200
- For Desktop and Simplified Cab Systems
- Button Box - $1,700
- For Desktop Systems (incl. in Simplified Cab)
- NADS Springfield Road Network - $5,250
- Remote Training (ISAT only) - $2,775
- Standing Desk - $300
Schedule: Production time for the Desktop miniSim is generally 6-8 weeks. Lead times are from the date of the Award Activation Notice issued by the Department of Sponsored Programs (DSP).
- The option exists for the user to supply some of the parts according to a NADS-supplied shopping list.
- Shipping is not included. The customer pays directly for shipping.
- Alternative shipping options include:
- UPS Parcel Service for Desktop systems.
- Simplified and Quarter Cab systems may be moved by Padded Mover. Cost can be advantageous over traditional crating and freight. Contact NADS for details.
- Technical specs may change at any time due to hardware changes or availability.